StableBit DrivePool Q777565
From Covecube - Wiki
Manually format drives before adding them to DrivePool.
When to Use
If you want to manually format a raw drive that should be added to the pool.
- Follow: Q7200705
- Open Server Management from the Start menu.
- Navigate to Storage -> Disk Management.
- (optional) If the drive already has a volume on it, delete it. Before deleting any existing volumes, make sure that they don't have any data on them that you would like to keep.
- Right click on the un-formatted drive in the bottom pane and click New Simple Volume... -> Click Next -> Next -> Next -> Next -> Finish.
This will quick format the drive with NTFS.
- Now open the Dashboard and add the formatted drive to the pool.