StableBit DrivePool Advanced Settings
Starting with build 4070 you can tweak advanced settings in DrivePool by editing a .config file in notepad.
The file is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\StableBit\DrivePool\DrivePool.Service.exe.config_default on the server.
In order to put the file into effect, you will need to rename it from DrivePool.Service.exe.config_default to DrivePool.Service.exe.config and restart the server (or just restart the StableBit DrivePool system service).
A fresh copy of the .config file is written to C:\Program Files (x86)\StableBit\DrivePool\DrivePool.Service.exe.config_default on upgrade, so your changes will not be overwritten.
Editing the config file
Open the file in notepad. You will see an XML formatted file. If you're not familiar with XML then all that you need to know is that the values that you can change look like this:
You can change this line to:
The setting name is right above that line:
<setting name="CoveWhsFsLogSizeMB" serializeAs="String">
In this case the name is CoveWhsFsLogSizeMB.
There are also numerical values and time values.
- ErrorReportingOverride - Automatically send error reports to Covecube.
- CoveWhsFsLogSizeMB - The binary kernel log size. 100MB is can be from a few minutes to 10 minutes worth of logs, depending on I/O activity. The kernel binary log records every operation on the pool in a high performance and compact log file.
- CoveWhsFsTracingEnabled - Enable user / kernel logging by default. This should be left set to True for the BETA, just in case you run into problems and need to submit logs.
- CoveWhsFsDebugOutput - Put the kernel driver into debug mode. This should be set to False.
- FileBalance_CalculateRatioForceByteDelta - How many bytes have to be processed by the pool before the ratio is recalculated. The ratio calculation involves no I/O, is done asynchronously and does not block the pool.
- FileBalance_DuplicationObstructionLimitRatio - Internal variable that controls balance ratio calculation.
- FileBalance_CriticalBalanceRatio - When the ratio falls below this value a pool re-balance is performed automatically at the balance time.
- FileBalance_CriticalBalanceTime - Time the pool is automatically balanced if needed. Format is 24 hour clock. I.e. 23:00 is valid.
- FolderSizes_MeasureTime - The time of day when the size of all the folders is recomputed. This operation performs reading I/O on the pool.
- CoveWhsFs_MountAsDrive - Mount the pool as a drive letter (Disabled for now)
- WhsCommand_TimeoutMS - How long to wait for WSS to respond when issuing command to it. If your server is slow and you're getting errors such as Error listing WHS folders you may want to increase this time. The value is in milliseconds. For 2 minutes you would set this to 120000.
Don't forget to rename the config file after you make the change and restart the server (or service), as noted above.