This page lists features that are either planned for future implementation or are currently in development. Planned features are subject to change.
You can contact us at any time to report issues or request new features to be implemented.
Our workflow for implementing feature requests and fixing bugs works like this:
- You can contact us with any issues or feature requests using our contact us page.
- One of our support personnel will reply to the contact request.
- If the problem requires additional work, an Issue request is sent to another department (such as Software Development or Sales).
- Issues can then turn into Code Change requests, if the department head deems that it's necessary.
- Meanwhile, while this is all happening, you get feedback on the status of your Issue or Code Change on your contact request page.
- You can also see the status of all the pending Code Changes below.
In addition to the regular Code Changes above, here are the things that we're working on in the long term:
StableBit FileVault is planned to deal with data integrity and file protection, and will fit well into our existing line of StableBit products.
Top level features:
- Indexing of your data for enhanced statistics and data integrity verification.
- Kernel-level protection of your data from accidental modification by applications or users.
- Reporting and auditing of your data.
- A simple and secure locally hosted solution to create your own cloud that is accessible from anywhere on the Internet or locally.
- You will be able to use a StableBit CloudDrive drive or a StableBit DrivePool drive to host your data, or even a non-StableBit drive.
The StableBit Cloud is going to be a new online service part of the StableBit brand.
It's going to have these goals:
- One secure place online where you can go to see the status of your StableBit products.
- Extensive centralized notifications that can be configured in one place.
- Simple and responsive styling that can adapt to different sized screens.
The StableBit Cloud is planned to supersede BitFlock, which will be retired when the StableBit Cloud becomes available.
StableBit PowerGrid is going to be an Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS) management software that will tie into the StableBit Cloud giving your insight into the power situation at any of your sites running our software.
This software product has no release timeframe at this point.