StableBit DrivePool 2.X Boot Time File System Tracing
In order to troubleshoot the pooling file system's boot time activity, you may be asked by technical support to submit a boot time file system trace. Follow the steps below to collect and submit the boot time file system trace data for analysis.
Be aware that you will be rebooting your computer in order to collect this trace, so make sure to save and close other applications in preparation for a reboot before beginning.
Steps to Collect the Trace Log
- Open the StableBit DrivePool 2.X UI using the Start menu.
- If you are using StableBit DrivePool 22.214.171.1245 or newer then you will need to use the StableBit DrivePool (troubleshooting mode) shortcut in the start menu in order to enable troubleshooting mode.
- Once StableBit DrivePool opens, click the Settings gear at the top.
- Choose Troubleshooting, and select Enable boot time logging....
- Click Enable in the dialog, and then click Reboot Now.
- Reboot the computer.
- Once the Operating System starts up, log in and follow the steps below to submit your boot time trace data for analysis.
- Open %PROGRAMDATA%\StableBit DrivePool in windows Explorer by pasting that path into the Windows Explorer path bar.
- Right click on the Service folder and choose Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder.
- Submit the resulting Service.zip file to Technical Support for analysis. See: StableBit DrivePool 2.X Submit Files