StableBit Scanner Q6847619
Manually remove the StableBit Scanner 1.X and optionally reinstall it.
When to Use
If you're having issues and would like to attempt a clean reinstall.
- Log into the server using remote desktop as Administrator (see: Q7200705).
- Open the Windows Home Server Console.
- If the console is able to open then open the Windows Home Server Settings, otherwise skip the following steps.
- Select Add-ins.
- In the Installed tab, find the StableBit Scanner and click Uninstall.
- Open Add / Remove Programs under the Control Panel and see if the StableBit Scanner is listed, if it is then click Remove to uninstall it.
- Now we will check for orphaned files.
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files\Windows Home Server.
- Delete any files that begin with OmniDriveGuard... (this was the internal code name for the first StableBit Scanner).
- In that same folder, delete HomeServerConsoleTab.OmniDriveGuard.dll, if it exists.
- Delete C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\OmniDriveGuard and all files and sub-directories under it.
At this point you have manually removed the StableBit Scanner and have deleted all application state. You can now reinstall it. The next installation will behave as if it has never been installed on this system.